Your small business is more than a career or a job. It's your livelihood. And you know it needs protection from the unexpected. But not every business faces the same risks nor do they need the same protection.
That's why Coachman Insurance Company has designed a family of affordable, comprehensive small business insurance products for business owners like you that are easy to access and provide great value.
The Value Pak family
Each Value Pak family product provides property coverage and base liability coverage, but is customizable for the type of business you do. Learn more by choosing the Pak above that best fits your business.
Need help? Your insurance broker can help you choose the right Value Pak option for you, whether it's to protect furniture and equipment in an office or produce in a grocery store.
Core property coverage
Each Value Pak insurance package includes similar core coverage (except Trades Pak) that automatically protects your business operations and its contents from all risks of direct loss or damage.
You get coverage for:
- Property - protection for your everyday possessions at your business, including stock, merchandise, equipment (like cash registers or photocopiers), signs and tenant improvements.
- Eco-friendly replacement cost - at your request an extra 20% may be provided for replacement of damaged property, like equipment, appliances or building materials, with more energy efficient or environmentally friendly items.
- Loss of income - coverage for actual losses sustained if you're unable to conduct business due to an insured loss.
- Crime - provides coverage for loss of money and securities, as well as employee dishonesty.
- Equipment breakdown - automatically covers items like water heaters and boilers, as well as mechanical, air conditioning, electrical and electronic equipment at your place of business.
- Fire fighting expenses - covers charges or expenses incurred if a fire department responds to a prairie or forest fire in, on or exposing your insured property. Your deductible for this coverage is waived, too.
Ask your broker about adding a building, other additional coverage or increasing limits.
Coverage starts at $1 million and protects you if you're found legally responsible for property damage or injury to another person visiting your business. This amount may be increased. Ask your broker for details.
For additional coverage, ask your broker about an SGI CANADA Business Liability Umbrella policy.
Buy insurance, get rewarded
You have insurance to cover unexpected losses, but you hope you never need to use it. Well, with Coachman Insurance Company for every consecutive claims-free year you have with us, your deductible will decrease until it's zero.
But we know you can't always avoid an unexpected or unpredictable loss. So if you do end up having a claim, and it's more than $25,000 in value, you won't have to pay your deductible.